Raspberry Applesauce Salad
Toasted English Muffins
2 packages (10 ounces) frozen broccoli
2 cans (6 1/2 ounces) chicken or turkey
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. In medium-size saucepan put 1/2 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and frozen broccoli. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cover and cook according to package directions until broccoli is barely tender.
3. Remove broccoli from heat and allow to cool slightly. Use tongs to lift broccoli out of pan and arrange in buttered two-quart casserole.
4. Open cans of chicken and arrange evenly over broccoli.
5. In mixing bowl mix together chicken soup, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken and sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
6. Cover dish with lid or with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
1 cup applesauce
1 package (3 ounces) raspberry-flavored gelatin
1 package (10 ounces) thawed frozen raspberries
1. In small saucepan heat applesauce to boiling point, add gelatin, and mix well.
2. Stir in thawed raspberries and juice and pour into an 8″ square pan.
3. Refrigerate for several hours until set. Then cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves with a dab of mayonnaise on top.
1. Cut English muffins in half and arrange, cut side up, on baking sheet. Spread butter or margarine generously on each piece.
2. Heat oven broiler, place oven rack in top position, and set muffins under broiler, watching carefully until they are a bubbly, golden brown.
3. Using hot pads, remove baking sheet from oven and arrange hot muffins on serving plate. Keep hot until time to serve.