Turkey in the Straw
Molded Cranberry-Banana Salad
Crisp Celery Sticks
Pumpkin Ice-Cream Squares
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans boned turkey or 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 (8-ounce) can peas, drained
2 tablespoons diced pimiento
1/2 cup light cream
1 large package or can shoestring potatoes
1. Into medium-size saucepan combine soup, turkey, peas, pimiento, and cream. Stir together thoroughly.
2. Heat over medium heat until mixture boils.
3. Serve over shoestring potatoes.
1 (3-ounce) package raspberry-flavored gelatin
1 cup hot water
1 (1-pound) can whole cranberry sauce
2 bananas, peeled and 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Into medium-size bowl stir together gelatin and hot water until gelatin is dissolved.
2. Add cranberry sauce and mix well.
3. Chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
4. Stir in bananas and pecans and pour into 8″ square dish or pan.
5. Chill in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
6. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves.
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 dozen ginger snaps
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1. Set ice cream out of freezer to soften.
2. In 8″ square baking dish arrange half the ginger snaps on bottom of dish.
3. In medium-size mixing bowl blend completely pumpkin, sugar, salt, spice, and slightly softened ice cream.
4. Spoon half of ice-cream mixture over ginger snaps.
5. Arrange a second layer of ginger snaps over ice cream.
6. Spoon remaining ice cream over top.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 5 hours or overnight.
8. Cut into squares and serve plain or with whipped cream.
Appreciation and concern for others are ways to show our thankfulness.
1. Wait until everyone else is served before eating.
2. Look at how much food there is, then at how many people there are to eat it. Take only your fair share.
3. Offer food to person on your right or left before helping yourself, then pass it on.
4. Eat in front of others only if you share with them.
5. Thank those who have prepared the meal.