Lexi’s Bad Day
1. Lexi wanted to wear her pink skirt, but it was dirty.
2. She asked for strawberry jam on her toast, but it was all gone.
3. Lexi wanted to play on the swings, but it was raining.
4. “I’m having a bad day,” Lexi said.
5. “What can we do to help you feel better?” Mom asked.
6. “Let’s sing Primary songs,” Lexi said. “Good idea,” Mom said.
7. Lexi and Mom sang together. They sang “ ‘Give,’ Said the Little Stream.”
Then they sang “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam.”
And they ended with “Follow the Prophet.”
8. “I think I can have a good day now,” Lexi said.
“I’m glad,” Mom said.
(See answers on page 35.)
Giraffe illustration by Mark Robison
Follow the Prophet
Joseph Smith read from the Bible in James 1:5, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God.”
Joseph wondered which church he should join. He prayed to know what to do. Joseph saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Joseph obeyed the instructions They gave to him and became a leader and a prophet.
We can follow Joseph’s example. We can talk to Heavenly Father about our questions, and we can follow the answers that come to us. Remember these things as you read the poem and color the picture of the Prophet Joseph Smith on the next page.
Joseph Smith illustrations by Beth Whittaker