Camp Lomia is located just minutes up Logan canyon. It hosts a peaceful quiet setting in the beautiful Cache National Forest. It has a spacious grass meadow bordered along one side by a large creek. The summer climate is very pleasant with trees for shade in the afternoon. It is the perfect place for a secluded youth camp or a large family reunion. There are 2 camping areas, the Lodge Area and the Little Pines Area. Each has access to kitchens, bathrooms and showers. The grass lawns of each area are perfect for tenting. Each area can be rented separately or together to accommodate large groups.
- There is potable water and electricity at Camp Lomia. Bathrooms at our camp include flush toilets and hot water showers.
- There are 2 sturdy footbridges that cross a small ditch from the parking lot to the campground and one large gravel road from the parking area to the Lodge. Vehicles can unload at the Lodge but will need to then return to the parking area. Campers can utilize the Camp Lomia handcarts to move supplies and gear from the unloading area to the lawns and to the Little Pines area and facilities.
- Picnic tables, as well as folding tables and chairs are available
- Fires are allowed in the fire pits only, and Camp Lomia follows fire restriction guidelines set by the US Forest Service.
- There are portable volleyball standards, horse shoe pits, and nearby hiking trails.
- No pets are allowed on the property, with the exception of service animals.
- There is one parking lot for both areas. Be courteous by using efficient use of parking space so that there will be room for everyone. RVs or trailers may be parked and used in the lot, but there are no hookups at this facility.
Camping Hours and Season:
- Check-in time is 2pm for reservations and Check-Out time is 10am.
- Camp Lomia is open for reservations from the second weekend in May through September.
- Reservations are made online by priority scheduling. (See the Scheduling Calendar linked below)
- Special Use arrangements may be made by contacting the Camp Lomia Scheduler.
- The Lodge Area can be rented for $150 per night.
- The Little Pines Area can be rented for $75 per night.
- Both Areas can be rented for $225 per night.
The Lodge Area lawn can accommodate up to 250 people in tents and has 1 large outdoor fire pit. The large Lodge has a floor plan of one great room and a loft looking down unto this main area along 3 sides. A large fireplace is the main feature of this beautiful building. The lodge has an indoor kitchen and access to restrooms and showers in the bathroom building. There are not bedrooms in the Lodge, however, up to 50 guests could sleep on the floors of the lodge if they bring pads or air mattresses. Cots are allowed in the Lodge, however cots without rubber feet will need to be set up on something that will protect the hardwood floors from becoming scratched. The lodge has wheelchair access to the main level. Access to the loft area of the Lodge is by stairs only.
The Little Pines lawn has room for 125 people in tents. There are 10 fire pits spread throughout the lawn of this area. The Little Pines area has a stand-alone kitchen building as well as access to the combined shower and restroom outbuilding. There is also a covered pavilion for use by Little Pines campers.
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S.
Department of Agriculture policy, this
institution is prohibited from discriminating
on the basis of race, color, national origin,
sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases
apply to all programs.)
To file a complaint of discrimination: write
USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room
326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence
Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and
“This institution is operated under special use permit with the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest.”
You can find more information about camp rules in Frequently Asked Questions.
|View this camp using LDS Maps|