Share Your Videos
Help Share the Gospel by Sharing Your Videos
The LDS Media Library is an online resource that is available for members to download and use high-quality media to help share the gospel. You can use your videography skills to help build the online gallery. We invite you to share your videos for possible inclusion in the media library’s video section. Your video may be used in Church productions, blogs, videos, and websites, as well as in members’ blogs, lessons, and other media.
To find out more information about submitting videos and other media, visit create.lds.org, where examples of what to submit, standards, current needs, and video galleries are available.
Only submit videos you would like to allow the Church and members to use for the above types of purposes. You will still retain the copyright for the videos and will be able to use and sell your videos, but the Church and Church members will be allowed to use them as well. To see standards that should be followed when submitting, please see the video standards page on create.lds.org.
High-quality videos are very important. Videos submitted should have a resolution of 1280 x 780 pixels. Subjects may include a variety of types of people, places, and things worldwide. The videos should be appropriate to represent us as a people or as a Church. They may be used to accompany an article, help with a lesson, or illustrate a blog or website. Possible examples include families praying together or having family home evening, individuals reading their scriptures or doing service, Church buildings, temples, visitors’ centers, and so forth. For a complete list, please see the video needs list (PDF) on create.lds.org.
Model and Location Releases
To Submit Your Videos:
- Sign the Online Agreement
Sign the electronic release giving the Church an unlimited license to use the video. You still keep the copyright to your videos; you are merely giving the Church an unlimited license to use all or part of your video and to share the video with other members.
- Attach Required Model Releases
Send an e-mail with your attached model releases and any location releases when you submit the video, or we will not be able to use it. If you are submitting multiple videos, please identify which releases apply to which videos.
- Send Your Video Files and Releases
E-mail: Is your video less than 12 megabytes? E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach your signed model and location releases.
FileSend: Submit your video using the Church’s FileSend program. FileSend asks for an e-mail address to send the videos to. Use email@example.com. Remember to attach or e-mail your signed model and location releases.
Note: Not all photos will be selected. If your photos are not selected, feel free to try again and submit a different selection of photos.
Please Don't Submit:
- Video or audio not appropriate for Church use, including people who do not represent the teachings of the Church (in their dress, grooming, vocabulary, gestures, and so on).
- Any content for which you do not own and hold the copyright.
- Content containing credit lines.
- Video or audio with logos, trademarks, or brand names (cars, clothes, smart phones, computers, and so on).
- Content embedded with copyright notices or watermarks.
- Video containing photos, advertisements, paintings, sculptures, or any object in a museum or art gallery.
- Content containing copyrighted music.
- Video or audio that is poor quality or distorted.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.