As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have been given the mandate to share God’s light and truth with those around us. Social Media platforms give us a unique opportunity to flood the earth with positive thoughts, imagery, and messages. Elder David A. Bednar has invited us all to share the good we have in our lives. Find more information about this invitation and how to #sharegoodness on social.lds.org.
Some suggested social media guidelines:
1) Use your own genuine voice and pictures.
2) Be positive as you share the goodness from your own life.
3) Respect Intellectual Property.
4) Remember that social media posts are forever.
Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites on the Internet. It currently has more than 1 billion users around the world. Users create a profile page and then connect it with the profile pages of their friends and family. They can share status updates, event invites, photos, videos, notes, and links to other websites. Read more about the Church and Facebook.
- View all Facebook Pages
ORGANIZATIONS GENERAL AUTHORITies
- President M. Russell Ballard
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- Elder David A. Bednar
- Elder Quentin L. Cook
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson
- Elder Neil L. Andersen
- Elder Ronald A. Rasband
- Elder Gary E. Stevenson
- Elder Dale G. Renlund
- Elder Gerrit W. Gong
- Elder Ulisses Soares
Presidency of the Seventy
- Elder L. Whitney Clayton
- Elder Donald L. Hallstrom
- Elder Richard J. Maynes
- Elder Craig C. Christensen
- Elder Lynn G. Robbins
Google Plus is a social networking platform that Google launched in July 2011. It is similar to Facebook in that it allows users to create a personal profile and see a news feed that shows updates from their friends and other contacts. Read more about the Church and Google+.
- View all Google+ Pages
Twitter is a social networking and microblogging website. It allows users to “tweet,” or broadcast, brief messages on their profile page. Users are able to connect with others by subscribing or receiving these short updates by becoming a “follower” of a desired Twitter account. Read more about the Church and Twitter.
- View all Twitter pages
YouTube is a video-sharing site created for uploading and sharing videos. These videos can be viewed worldwide by accessing YouTube.com. Read more about the Church and YouTube.
- View all YouTube Channels
Pinterest is an online visual bookmarking tool for collecting and storing ideas. It allows users to keep track of all their favorite finds from around the web in one organized location. Users can create different boards and “pin” items to them. They can connect with other users by following their boards to find and share new ideas. Read more about the Church and Pinterest.
Instagram is a fun, fast, and simple way to share your life through photos and short videos. Take a picture, add a filter if you'd like, and instantly share it for all your Instagram followers to see. Instagram is a creative visual tool for users to stay connected with friends and family. Read more about the Church and Instagram.
Founded in 2007, Tumblr is a microblogging platform that hosts over 200 million blogs and over 90 billion posts. Tumblr allows users to share videos, audio clips, and photos, along with quotes and written posts. Users are able to engage with others by liking, re-blogging, or commenting on posts. Read more about the Church and Tumblr.
Snapchat is a social multimedia messaging application designed to create and share temporary media. Users can share photos with visual effects and/or short messages that can be automatically deleted within 10 seconds. Users can also create a story that lasts up to 24 hours. Stories are often used to interact during events.
- General Hashtags
- General Church Leadership Hashtags
- #PresNelson (President Russell M. Nelson)
- #PresOaks (President Dallin H. Oaks)
- #PresEyring (President Henry B. Eyring)
Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- #PresBallard (President M. Russell Ballard)
- #ElderHolland (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)
- #ElderUchtdorf (Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
- #ElderBednar (Elder David A. Bednar)
- #ElderCook (Elder Quentin L. Cook)
- #ElderChristofferson (Elder D. Todd Christofferson)
- #ElderAndersen (Elder Neil L. Andersen)
- #ElderRasband (Elder Ronald A. Rasband)
- #ElderStevenson (Elder Gary E. Stevenson)
- #ElderRenlund (Elder Dale G. Renlund)
Quorums of the Seventy
- Use #Elder plus last name (see full list of General Authorities)
- #BishopCausse (Bishop Gérald Caussé)
- #BishopDavies (Bishop Dean M. Davies)
- #BishopWaddell (Bishop W. Christopher Waddell)
- #SisterBingham (Sister Jean B. Bingham)
- #SisterEubank (Sister Sharon Eubank)
- #SisterAburto (Sister Reyna I. Aburto)
- #SisterOscarson (Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson)
- #SisterMcConkie (Sister Carol F. McConkie)
- #SisterMarriott (Sister Neill F. Marriott)
- #SisterJones (Sister Joy D. Jones)
- #SisterCordon (Sister Bonnie H. Cordon)
- #SisterFranco (Sister Cristina B. Franco)
- #BrotherOwen (Brother Stephen W. Owen)
- #BrotherHolmes (Brother Douglas D. Holmes)
- #BrotherBrough (Brother M. Joseph Brough)
- #BrotherCallister (Brother Tad R. Callister)
- #BrotherAshton (Brother Brian K. Ashton)
- #BrotherDurrant (Brother Devin G. Durrant)
- Event Hashtags
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Music
Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults
- Other Hashtags
- #BibleVideos (see the Church's Bible Videos)