As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have been given the mandate to share God’s light and truth with those around us. Social Media platforms give us a unique opportunity to flood the earth with positive thoughts, imagery, and messages. Elder David A. Bednar has invited us all to share the good we have in our lives. Find more information about this invitation and how to #sharegoodness on social.lds.org.
Some suggested social media guidelines:
1) Use your own genuine voice and pictures.
2) Be positive as you share the goodness from your own life.
3) Respect Intellectual Property.
4) Remember that social media posts are forever.
Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites on the Internet. It currently has more than 1 billion users around the world. Users create a profile page and then connect it with the profile pages of their friends and family. They can share status updates, event invites, photos, videos, notes, and links to other websites. Read more about the Church and Facebook.
- View all Facebook Pages
ORGANIZATIONS GENERAL AUTHORITies
- President Russell M. Nelson
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
- Elder M. Russell Ballard
- Elder Robert D. Hales
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- Elder David A. Bednar
- Elder Quentin L. Cook
- Elder D. Todd Christofferson
- Elder Neil L. Andersen
- Elder Ronald A. Rasband
- Elder Gary E. Stevenson
- Elder Dale G. Renlund
Presidency of the Seventy
- Elder L. Whitney Clayton
- Elder Donald L. Hallstrom
- Elder Richard J. Maynes
- Elder Craig C. Christensen
- Elder Ulisses Soares
- Elder Lynn G. Robbins
- Elder Gerrit W. Gong
- Sister Joy D. Jones
- Sister Jean B. Bingham
- Sister Bonnie H. Cordon
Google Plus is a social networking platform that Google launched in July 2011. It is similar to Facebook in that it allows users to create a personal profile and see a news feed that shows updates from their friends and other contacts. Read more about the Church and Google+.
- View all Google+ Pages
Twitter is a social networking and microblogging website. It allows users to “tweet,” or broadcast, brief messages on their profile page. Users are able to connect with others by subscribing or receiving these short updates by becoming a “follower” of a desired Twitter account. Read more about the Church and Twitter.
- View all Twitter pages
YouTube is a video-sharing site created for uploading and sharing videos. These videos can be viewed worldwide by accessing YouTube.com. Read more about the Church and YouTube.
- View all YouTube Channels
Pinterest is an online visual bookmarking tool for collecting and storing ideas. It allows users to keep track of all their favorite finds from around the web in one organized location. Users can create different boards and “pin” items to them. They can connect with other users by following their boards to find and share new ideas. Read more about the Church and Pinterest.
Instagram is a fun, fast, and simple way to share your life through photos and short videos. Take a picture, add a filter if you'd like, and instantly share it for all your Instagram followers to see. Instagram is a creative visual tool for users to stay connected with friends and family. Read more about the Church and Instagram.
Founded in 2007, Tumblr is a microblogging platform that hosts over 200 million blogs and over 90 billion posts. Tumblr allows users to share videos, audio clips, and photos, along with quotes and written posts. Users are able to engage with others by liking, re-blogging, or commenting on posts. Read more about the Church and Tumblr.
- General Hashtags
- General Church Leadership Hashtags
- #PresMonson (President Thomas S. Monson)
- #PresEyring (President Henry B. Eyring)
- #PresUchtdorf (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- #PresNelson (President Russell M. Nelson)
- #ElderOaks (Elder Dallin H. Oaks)
- #ElderBallard (Elder M. Russell Ballard)
- #ElderHales (Elder Robert D. Hales)
- #ElderHolland (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)
- #ElderBednar (Elder David A. Bednar)
- #ElderCook (Elder Quentin L. Cook)
- #ElderChristofferson (Elder D. Todd Christofferson)
- #ElderAndersen (Elder Neil L. Andersen)
- #ElderRasband (Elder Ronald A. Rasband)
- #ElderStevenson (Elder Gary E. Stevenson)
- #ElderRenlund (Elder Dale G. Renlund)
Quorums of the Seventy
- Use #Elder plus last name (see full list of General Authorities)
- #BishopCausse (Bishop Gérald Caussé)
- #BishopDavies (Bishop Dean M. Davies)
- #BishopWaddell (Bishop W. Christopher Waddell)
- #SisterBurton (Sister Linda K. Burton)
- #SisterStephens (Sister Carole M. Stephens)
- #SisterReeves (Sister Linda S. Reeves)
- #SisterOscarson (Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson)
- #SisterMcConkie (Sister Carol F. McConkie)
- #SisterMarriott (Sister Neill F. Marriott)
- #SisterJones (Sister Joy D. Jones)
- #SisterBingham (Sister Jean B. Bingham)
- #SisterCordon (Sister Bonnie H. Cordon)
- #BrotherOwen (Brother Stephen W. Owen)
- #BrotherHolmes (Brother Douglas D. Holmes)
- #BrotherBrough (Brother M. Joseph Brough)
- #BrotherCallister (Brother Tad R. Callister)
- #BrotherAshton (Brother Brian K. Ashton)
- #BrotherDurrant (Brother Devin G. Durrant)
- Event Hashtags
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Music
Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults
- General Hashtags
- #BibleVideos (see the Church's Bible Videos)