These resources can be used by leaders as they prepare to lead discussions in area councils, coordinating councils, stake conferences, stake councils, ward councils, and Sunday lessons.
In a council meeting, leaders might begin the discussion of changes announced at the April 2018 general conference by reading the introductory section of the enclosure included with the First Presidency letter of April 2, 2018, “Ministering with Strengthened Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums and Relief Societies.”
Council members could also view and discuss the video A Vision of Ministering (see “Videos” below). Additional videos and other resources are provided to enhance this discussion and may be used in future council meetings or other settings. Each segment in the Effective Ministering video is followed by a question that the group may discuss.
The following videos include clips from the April 2018 general conference and from general conference leadership meetings with General Authorities, Area Seventies, and General Officers.
- A Vision of Ministering (short) (1:25)
- A Vision of Ministering (full) (4:41)
For coordinating, stake, and ward councils
- Why We Minister (2:44)
Question: Why do we minister?
- Simple, Individualized, and Led by the Spirit (2:20)
Question: How can we keep our efforts simple and led by the Spirit?
- Overview of Ministering Interviews (3:53)
Question: How can effective ministering interviews bless individuals and families?
- One Coordinated Effort (3:49)
Question: How can one coordinated effort help us care for all of God’s children?
- Invitation to Act (3:24)
Question: How can we implement the vision of ministering provided by the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles?
- Purposes of Ministering Interviews (1:52)
- Ministering Interview Example: Relief Society Sister and Young Woman Companion (4:39)
- Ministering Interviews Are Revelatory Experiences (2:29)
- Ministering Interviews Provide Opportunity to Account for Our Service (2:04)
- Ministering Interviews Bring an Edifying Effect (2:04)
- Elder Stevenson Testifies of the Power of Ministering Interviews (1:37)
- Sister Aburto Testifies of the Power of Ministering Interviews (1:43)
- Elder Christofferson Testifies of the Power of Ministering Interviews (2:42)
- The May 2018 issues of the Liahona and Ensign magazines and comefollowme.lds.org provide resources that can be used in fourth-Sunday discussions about ministering in elders quorum and Relief Society meetings.