1. Had I been a child when Jesus cameUnto the Nephites that blessed dayAnd showed them the wounds in his hands and his feetAnd knelt with them to pray.
2. Then he might have held me safe in his arms;He might have looked in my eyes and saidA word, with his blessing of kindness and love,His hands placed upon my head.
3. Someday, when the Savior comes again,Oh, how I hope that my heart will beAs pure as the hearts of the children that dayWho gathered around his knee.
Words: Mabel Jones Gabbott, 1910-2004Music: Darwin Wolford, b. 1936From "Song of Cumorah," a children's cantata about the Book of Mormon. (c) 1981 by Jackman Music Corp.
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Darwin Wolford, b. 1936; From "Song of Cumorah," a children's cantata about the Book of Mormon.
- Mabel Jones Gabbott, 1910-2004
- 3 Nephi 17:11-13, 3 Nephi 17:21-24
- Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ-Blesses Children, Jesus Christ-Ministry, Jesus Christ-Second Coming, Preparation, Resurrection