1. How dear to God are little children;With him their spirit life began.So priceless their security,Their innocence and purity;They are a part of his eternal plan.
2. To earthly parents God sends childrenTo guide and teach, protect and love.Oh, let us keep the sacred trustThat he has placed with each of usAnd help to guide them back to God above.How dear to God are little children.
Words: Jaclyn Thomas Milne, b. 1949. © 1989 IRIMusic: Carol Baker Black, b. 1951. © 1989 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Carol Baker Black, 1951–.
- Jaclyn Thomas Milne, 1949–.
- Matthew 18:14, Matthew 19:13–14, 3 Nephi 17:21–25
- Eternal Life, God’s Love, Guidance, Heavenly Father, Leaders, Songs for, Parents, Plan of Salvation, Premortal Existence, Worth of a Child