1. I am a child of God,And he has sent me here,Has given me an earthly homeWith parents kind and dear.
2. I am a child of God,And so my needs are great;Help me to understand his wordsBefore it grows too late.
3. I am a child of God.Rich blessings are in store;If I but learn to do his will,I'll live with him once more.
4. I am a child of God.His promises are sure;Celestial glory shall be mineIf I can but endure.
ChorusLead me, guide me, walk beside me,Help me find the way.Teach me all that I must doTo live with him someday.
Words: Naomi Ward Randall, 1908-2001. (c) 1957 IRI. Fourth verse (c) 1978 IRIMusic: Mildred Tanner Pettit, 1895-1977. (c) 1957 IRI. Arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Mildred Tanner Pettit, 1895-1977. Arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936.
- Naomi Ward Randall, 1908-2001
- Psalm 82:6, Mosiah 4:15, Doctrine and Covenants 14:7
- Descants (Optional Voice Parts), Songs with, Eternal Life, Guidance, Obedience, Parents, Plan of Salvation, Prayer Songs, Teachers, Testimony, Worth of a Child