1. I thank thee, dear Father in heaven above,For thy goodness and mercy, thy kindness and love.I thank thee for home, friends, and parents so dear,And for ev'ry blessing that I enjoy here.
2. Help me to be good, kind, and gentle today,And mind what my father and mother shall say.In the dear name of Jesus, so loving and mild,I ask thee to bless me and keep me thy child.
Words: Anon.Music: George Careless, 1839-1932
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- George Careless, 1839-1932
- Ephesians 5:20, Alma 37:36-37
- Gratitude, Kindness, Obedience, Prayer Songs