1. Oh, hush thee, my baby; a story I'll tell,How little Lord Jesus on earth came to dwell;How in a far country, 'way over the sea,Was born a wee baby, my dear one, like thee.
2. The story was told by the angels so bright,As round them was shining a heavenly light.The stars shone out brightly, but one led the wayAnd stood o'er the place where the dear baby lay.
3. The shepherds here found him, as angels had said,The poor little stranger, no crib for a bed.Down low in a manger so quiet he lay.This little child Jesus, asleep on the hay.
ChorusLullaby, baby, lullaby, dear.Sleep, little baby; have nothing to fear.Lullaby, baby, lullaby, dear.Jesus will care for his little one here.
Hush thee, my baby, Oh, hush (etc.)
Words and music: Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944.Words and music: Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944.Ostinato: Patricia Haglund Nielsen, 1936-2009. (c) 1989 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944; Ostinato: Patricia Haglund Nielsen, 1936-2009
- Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944
- Luke 2:7-16, Matthew 2:1-2
- Christmas, Lullabies, Ostinatos (Optional Repeated Patterns), Songs with