1. Stars were gleaming, shepherds dreaming;And the night was dark and chill.Angels' story rang with glory;Shepherds heard it on the hill.Ah, that singing! Hear it ringing,Earthward winging, Christmas bringing!Hearken! We can hear it still!
2. See the clearness and the nearnessOf the blessed Christmas star,Leading, guiding; wise men ridingThrough the desert dark and far.Lovely showing, shining, growing,Onward going, gleaming, glowing,Leading still, our Christmas star!
Words: Nancy Byrd Turner, 1880-1971Music: Polish carol; arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936Words (c) 1930 by Presbyterian Board of Christian Education; renewed 1958; from Hymns for Primary Worship. Used by permission of Westminster/John Knox Press. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI.
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Polish carol; arr. by Darwin Wolford, b. 1936
- Nancy Byrd Turner, 1880-1971
- Luke 2:8-14, Matthew 2:1-2