1. When Christ was on the earth,He promised he would sendThe Holy Ghost to comfort us,Our true, eternal friend.The Holy Spirit whispersWith a still small voice.He testifies of God and ChristAnd makes our hearts rejoice.
2. And when we are confirmedBy sacred priesthood pow'r,The Holy Ghost is giv'n to usTo guide us ev'ry hour.Oh, may I always listenTo that still small voice.And with his light I'll do what's rightEach time I make a choice.
Words: Jeanne P. Lawler, b. 1924; alt. (c) 1977, 1989 IRIMusic: Jeanne P. Lawler, b. 1924. (c) 1977 IRI
- Children's Songbook
- Page Number
- Jeanne P. Lawler, b. 1924.
- Jeanne P. Lawler, b. 1924; alt.
- John 14:26
- Choice, Gift of the Holy Ghost, Guidance, Holy Ghost