1. This earth was once a garden place,With all her glories common,And men did live a holy race,And worship Jesus face to face,In Adam-ondi-Ahman.
2. We read that Enoch walked with God,Above the pow’r of mammon,While Zion spread herself abroad,And Saints and angels sang aloud,In Adam-ondi-Ahman.
3. Her land was good and greatly blest,Beyond all Israel’s Canaan;Her fame was known from east to west,Her peace was great, and pure the restOf Adam-ondi-Ahman.
4. Hosanna to such days to come,The Savior’s second coming,When all the earth in glorious bloomAffords the Saints a holy home,Like Adam-ondi-Ahman.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792–1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Anon., Southern Harmony, 1835
- Hymn Number
- Southern Harmony. Anon.
- William W. Phelps, 1792–1872.
- Doctrine and Covenants 116:1, Doctrine and Covenants 107:53–57
- 8 7 8 8 7
- Jesus Christ—Second Coming, Nature, Zion
- Prospect of Heaven