1. Arise, O glorious Zion,Thou joy of latter days,Whom countless Saints rely onTo gain a resting place.Arise and shine in splendorAmid the world’s deep night,For God, thy sure defender,Is now thy life and light.
2. From Zion’s favored dwellingThe gospel issues forth,The covenant revealingTo gather all the earth;And Saints, the message bringingTo all the sons of men,With the redeemed shall, singing,To Zion come again.
3. Thru painful tribulationWe walk the narrow roadAnd battle with temptationTo gain the blest abode.But patient, firm endurance,With glory in our view,The Spirit’s bright assuranceWill bring us conq’rors through.
4. Oh, grant, Eternal Father,That we may faithful be,With all the just to gather,And thy salvation see!Then, with the hosts of heaven,We’ll sing th’immortal theme:To him be glory givenWhose blood did us redeem.
Text: William G. Mills, 1822–1895Music: George Careless, 1839–1932
- Hymn Number
- George Careless, 1839–1932.
- William G. Mills, 1822–1895.
- 2 Nephi 12:2–3, Doctrine and Covenants 115:5–6
- 7 6 7 6 D
- Enduring to the End, Gathering of Israel, Missionary Work, Patience, Trials, Zion