1. Arise, O God, and shineIn all thy saving might,And prosper each designTo spread thy glorious light;Let healing streams of mercy flow,That all the earth thy truth may know.
2. Bring distant nations nearTo sing thy glorious praise;Let ev’ry people hearAnd learn thy holy ways.Reign, mighty God, assert thy cause,And govern by thy righteous laws.
3. Put forth thy glorious pow’r,That Gentiles all may see,And earth present her storeIn converts born to thee.O Lord, our God, thy Church so bless,And fill the world with righteousness.
4. To God, the only wise,The one immortal King,Let hallelujahs riseFrom ev’ry living thing;Let all that breathe, on ev’ry coast,Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Text: William Hurn, 1754–1829Music: John Darwall, 1731–1789
- Hymn Number
- John Darwall, 1731–1789.
- William Hurn, 1754–1829.
- Isaiah 60:1–3, Alma 29:8–10, 17
- 6 6 6 6 8 8
- Mercy, Missionary Work, Praise