1. Awake, ye Saints of God, awake!Call on the Lord in mighty prayerThat he will Zion’s bondage breakAnd bring to naught the tempter’s snare,And bring to naught the tempter’s snare.
2. Tho Zion’s foes have counseled deep,Although they bind with fetters strong,The God of Jacob does not sleep;His vengeance will not slumber long;His vengeance will not slumber long.
3. With constant faith and fervent prayer,With deep humility of soul,With steadfast mind and heart, prepareTo see th’eternal purpose roll,To see th’eternal purpose roll.
4. Awake to righteousness; be one,Or, saith the Lord, “Ye are not mine!”Yea, like the Father and the Son,Let all the Saints in union join.Let all the Saints in union join.
Text: Eliza R. Snow, 1804–1887Music: Evan Stephens, 1854–1930
- Hymn Number
- Evan Stephens, 1854–1930.
- Eliza R. Snow, 1804–1887.
- Romans 13:11–14, Doctrine and Covenants 38:27
- 8 8 8 8
- 8 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Faith, Prayer, Preparedness, Unity, Zion