1. Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.Leave to thy God to order and provide;In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly FriendThru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertakeTo guide the future as he has the past.Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;All now mysterious shall be bright at last.Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still knowHis voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning onWhen we shall be forever with the Lord,When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Text: Katharina von Schlegel, b. 1697;trans. by Jane Borthwick, 1813-1897
- Hymn Number
- Jean Sibelius, 1865-1957
- Katharina von Schlegel, b. 1697; trans. by Jane Borthwick, 1813-1897
- Psalm 37:3-9, Doctrine and Covenants 101:14-16, 35-38
- 10 10 10 10 10 10
- Assurance, Comfort, Encouragement, Faith, Funeral, Guidance, Hope, Patience, Peace, Trials