1. Come, all ye Saints of Zion,And let us praise the Lord;His ransomed are returning,According to his word.In sacred song and gladnessThey walk the narrow wayAnd thank the Lord who brought themTo see the latter day.
2. Come, ye dispersed of Judah,Join in the theme and singWith harmony unceasingThe praises of our King,Whose arm is now extended,On which the world may gaze,To gather up the righteousIn these the latter days.
3. Rejoice, rejoice, O Israel,And let your joys abound!The voice of God shall reach youWherever you are foundAnd call you back from bondage,That you may sing his praiseIn Zion and Jerusalem,In these the latter days.
4. Then gather up for Zion,Ye Saints thruout the land,And clear the way before you,As God shall give command.Tho wicked men and devilsExert their pow’r, ’tis vain,Since He who is eternalHas said you shall obtain.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792–1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: John E. Tullidge, 1806–1873
- Hymn Number
- John E. Tullidge, 1806–1873.
- William W. Phelps, 1792–1872.
- Jeremiah 31:10–14, Isaiah 35:10, Isaiah 52:7–10
- 7 6 7 6 D
- Gathering of Israel, Zion