1. "Come, follow me," the Savior said.Then let us in his footsteps tread,For thus alone can we be oneWith God's own loved, begotten Son.
2. "Come, follow me," a simple phrase,Yet truth's sublime, effulgent raysAre in these simple words combinedTo urge, inspire the human mind.
3. Is it enough alone to knowThat we must follow him below,While trav'ling thru this vale of tears?No, this extends to holier spheres.
4. Not only shall we emulateHis course while in this earthly state,But when we're freed from present cares,If with our Lord we would be heirs.
5. We must the onward path pursueAs wider fields expand to view,And follow him unceasingly,Whate'er our lot or sphere may be.
6. For thrones, dominions, kingdoms, pow'rs,And glory great and bliss are ours,If we, throughout eternity,Obey his words, "Come, follow me."
Text: John Nicholson, 1839-1909Music: Samuel McBurney, 1847-1909
- Hymn Number
- Samuel McBurney, 1847-1909
- John Nicholson, 1839-1909
- Matthew 4:19, 2 Nephi 31:10-21
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- Baptism, Exaltation, Jesus Christ - Example, Jesus Christ - Friend, Obedience, Spirituality