1. Come, let us sing an evening hymnTo calm our minds for rest,And each one try, with single eye,To praise the Savior best.
2. Yea, let us sing a sacred songTo close the passing day,With one accord call on the LordAnd ever watch and pray.
3. Oh, thank the Lord for grace and giftsRenewed in latter days,For truth and light to guide us rightIn wisdom's pleasant ways,
4. For ev'ry line we have receivedTo turn our hearts above,For ev'ry word and ev'ry goodThat fill our souls with love.
5. Oh, let us raise a holier strainFor blessings great as ours,And be prepared while angels guardUs through our slumb'ring hours.
6. Oh, may we sleep and wake in joy,While life with us remains,And then go home beyond the tomb,Where peace forever reigns.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792-1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Tracy Y. Cannon, 1879-1961
- Hymn Number
- Tracy Y. Cannon, 1879-1961
- William W. Phelps, 1792-1872. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
- Colossians 3:16-17, Alma 26:8
- CM (Common Meter)
- 8 6 8 6
- Closing, Evening, Grace, Gratitude, Music and Song, Wisdom and Knowledge