1. Come, listen to a prophet's voice,And hear the word of God,And in the way of truth rejoice,And sing for joy aloud.We've found the way the prophets wentWho lived in days of yore.Another prophet now is sentThis knowledge to restore.
2. The gloom of sullen darkness spreadThru earth's extended spaceIs banished by our living Head,And God has shown his face.Thru erring schemes in days now pastThe world has gone astray;Yet Saints of God have found at lastThe straight and narrow way.
3. 'Tis not in man they put their trustNor on his arm rely.Full well assured, all are accursedWho Jesus Christ deny.The Savior to his people saith,"Let all my words obey,And signs shall follow living faith,Down to the latest day."
4. Then heed the words of truth and lightThat flow from fountains pure.Yea, keep His law with all thy mightTill thine election's sure,Till thou shalt hear the holy voiceAssure eternal reign,While joy and cheer attend thy choice,As one who shall obtain.
Text: Joseph S. Murdock, 1822-1899. Verse four, Bruce R. McConkie, 1915-1985. (c) 1985 IRIMusic: Joseph J. Daynes, 1851-1920
- Hymn Number
- Joseph J. Daynes, 1851-1920
- Joseph S. Murdock, 1822-1899. Verse four, Bruce R. McConkie, 1915-1985.
- Joseph Smith-History 1:14-17, Doctrine and Covenants 21:4-7
- CMD (Common Meter Doubled)
- 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6
- Joseph Smith, Prophets, Restoration of the Gospel, Revelation