1. Come, thou glorious day of promise;Come and spread thy cheerful ray,When the scattered sheep of IsraelShall no longer go astray,When hosannas,When hosannasWith united voice they’ll cry.
2. Lord, how long wilt thou be angry?Shall thy wrath forever burn?Rise, redeem thine ancient people;Their transgressions from them turn.King of Israel,King of Israel,Come and set thy people free.
3. Oh, that soon thou wouldst to JacobThy enliv’ning Spirit send!Of their unbelief and miseryMake, O Lord, a speedy end.Lord, Messiah!Lord, Messiah!Prince of Peace o’er Israel reign.
Text: From Pratt’s Collection, ca. 1830, alt.Music: A. C. Smyth, 1840–1909
- Hymn Number
- A. C. Smyth, 1840–1909.
- Pratt’s Collection.
- 3 Nephi 5:25–26, Jeremiah 31:10
- 8 7 8 7 8 7
- Gathering of Israel, Jesus Christ—Second Coming, Millennium