1. Come, ye disconsolate, where'er ye languish;Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel.Here bring your wounded hearts; here tell your anguish.Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot heal.
2. Joy of the desolate, Light of the straying,Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure!Here speaks the Comforter, tenderly saying,"Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot cure."
3. Here see the Bread of Life; see waters flowingForth from the throne of God, pure from above.Come to the feast of love; come, ever knowingEarth has no sorrow but heav'n can remove.
Text: Thomas Moore, 1779-1852. Verse three, Thomas Hastings, 1784-1872Music: Samuel Webbe, 1740-1816
- Hymn Number
- Samuel Webbe, 1740-1816
- Thomas Moore, 1779-1852. Verse three, Thomas Hastings, 1784-1872
- Doctrine and Covenants 136:29, Hebrews 4:16
- 11 10 11 10
- Comfort, Funeral, Repentance, Trials