1. Ere you left your room this morning,Did you think to pray?In the name of Christ, our Savior,Did you sue for loving favorAs a shield today?
(Chorus)Oh, how praying rests the weary!Prayer will change the night to day.So, when life gets dark and dreary,Don't forget to pray.
2. When your heart was filled with anger,Did you think to pray?Did you plead for grace, my brother,That you might forgive anotherWho had crossed your way?
3. When sore trials came upon you,Did you think to pray?When your soul was full of sorrow,Balm of Gilead did you borrowAt the gates of day?
Text: Mary A. Pepper Kidder, 1820-1905Music: William O. Perkins, 1831-1902
- Hymn Number
- William O. Perkins, 1831-1902
- Mary A. Pepper Kidder, 1820-1905
- Psalm 5:3, 12, Mark 11:24-25
- 8 5 8 8 5 8 7 8 5
- Forgiveness, Prayer, Trials