1. Do what is right; the day-dawn is breaking,Hailing a future of freedom and light.Angels above us are silent notes takingOf ev'ry action; then do what is right!
(Chorus)Do what is right; let the consequence follow.Battle for freedom in spirit and might;And with stout hearts look ye forth till tomorrow.God will protect you; then do what is right!
2. Do what is right; the shackles are falling.Chains of the bondsmen no longer are bright;Lightened by hope, soon they'll cease to be galling.Truth goeth onward; then do what is right!
3. Do what is right; be faithful and fearless.Onward, press onward, the goal is in sight.Eyes that are wet now, ere long will be tearless.Blessings await you in doing what's right!
Text: Anon., The Psalms of Life, Boston, 1857Music: George Kaillmark, 1781-1835
- Hymn Number
- George Kaillmark, 1781-1835
- Anon., The Psalms of Life, Boston, 1857
- Deuteronomy 6:17-18, Helaman 10:4-5
- 10 10 11 10 11 10 11 10
- Agency, Honesty, Obedience, Word of Wisdom
- Oaken Bucket