1. Father in Heav’n, we do believeThe promise thou hast made;Thy word with meekness we receive,Just as thy Saints have said.
2. We now repent of all our sinAnd come with broken heart,And to thy covenant enter inAnd choose the better part.
3. O Lord, accept us while we pray,And all our sins forgive;New life impart to us this day,And bid the sinners live.
4. Humbly we take the sacramentIn Jesus’ blessed name;Let us receive thru covenantThe Spirit’s heav’nly flame.
5. We will be buried in the streamIn Jesus’ blessed name,And rise, while light shall on us beamThe Spirit’s heav’nly flame.
6. Baptize us with the Holy GhostAnd seal us as thine own,That we may join the ransomed hostAnd with the Saints be one.
Text: Parley P. Pratt, 1807–1857, alt.Music: Jane Romney Crawford, 1883–1956
- Hymn Number
- Jane Romney Crawford, 1883–1956.
- Parley P. Pratt, 1807–1857.
- 3 Nephi 12:19, 3 Nephi 18:7, 11
- 8 6 8 6
- CM (Common Meter)
- Baptism, Forgiveness, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Repentance, Sacrament