1. From all that dwell below the skies,Let the Creator’s praise arise;Let the Redeemer’s name be sungThrough ev’ry land, by ev’ry tongue.
2. In ev’ry land begin the song;To ev’ry land the strains belong.In cheerful sounds all voices raiseAnd fill the world with loudest praise.
3. Your lofty themes, ye mortals, bring;In songs of praise divinely sing.The great salvation loud proclaim,And shout for joy the Savior’s name.
4. Eternal are thy mercies, Lord;Eternal truth attends thy word.Thy praise shall sound from shore to shore,Till suns shall rise and set no more.
Text: Isaac Watts, 1674–1748Music: John Hatton, d. 1793
- Hymn Number
- John Hatton–1793.
- Isaac Watts, 1674–1748.
- Psalm 100:1–2, Psalm 117
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Jesus Christ—Creator, Jesus Christ—Savior, Missionary Work, Music and Song, Praise
- Duke Street