1. Earth, with her ten thousand flow’rs,Air, with all its beams and show’rs,Heaven’s infinite expanse,Sea’s resplendent countenance—All around and all aboveBear this record: God is love.
2. Sounds among the vales and hills,In the woods and by the rills,Of the breeze and of the bird,By the gentle murmur stirred—Sacred songs, beneath, above,Have one chorus: God is love.
3. All the hopes that sweetly startFrom the fountain of the heart,All the bliss that ever comesTo our earthly human homes,All the voices from aboveSweetly whisper: God is love.
Text: Thomas R. Taylor, 1807–1835, alt. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Thomas C. Griggs, 1845–1903
- Hymn Number
- Thomas C. Griggs, 1845–1903.
- Thomas R. Taylor, 1807–1835.
- 1 John 4:7–8, Moses 6:63
- 7 7 7 7 7 7
- Assurance, Grace, Home, Love, Nature