1. Earth, with her ten thousand flow'rs,Air, with all its beams and show'rs,Heaven's infinite expanse,Sea's resplendent countenance--All around and all aboveBear this record: God is love.
2. Sounds among the vales and hills,In the woods and by the rills,Of the breeze and of the bird,By the gentle murmur stirred--Sacred songs, beneath, above,Have one chorus: God is love.
3. All the hopes that sweetly startFrom the fountain of the heart,All the bliss that ever comesTo our earthly human homes,All the voices from aboveSweetly whisper: God is love.
Text: Thomas R. Taylor, 1807-1835, alt. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Thomas C. Griggs, 1845-1903
- Hymn Number
- Thomas C. Griggs, 1845-1903
- Thomas R. Taylor, 1807-1835, alt. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
- 1 John 4:7-8, Moses 6:63
- 7 7 7 7 7 7
- Assurance, Grace, Home , Love, Nature