1. God loved us, so he sent his Son,Christ Jesus, the atoning One,To show us by the path he trodThe one and only way to God.
2. He came as man, though Son of God,And bowed himself beneath the rod.He died in holy innocence,A broken law to recompense.
3. Oh, love effulgent, love divine!What debt of gratitude is mine,That in his off'ring I have partAnd hold a place within his heart.
4. In word and deed he doth requireMy will to his, like son to sire,Be made to bend, and I, as son,Learn conduct from the Holy One.
5. This sacrament doth representHis blood and body for me spent.Partaking now is deed for wordThat I remember him, my Lord.
Text: Edward P. Kimball, 1882-1937Music: Alexander Schreiner, 1901-1987. (c) 1948 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901-1987
- Edward P. Kimball, 1882-1937
- John 3:16-17, Doctrine and Covenants 34:3
- LM (Long Meter)
- 8 8 8 8
- God the Father, Grace, Love, Plan of Salvation, Sacrament