1. God moves in a mysterious wayHis wonders to perform;He plants his footsteps in the seaAnd rides upon the storm.
2. Ye fearful Saints, fresh courage take;The clouds ye so much dreadAre big with mercy and shall breakIn blessings on your head.
3. His purposes will ripen fast,Unfolding ev'ry hour;The bud may have a bitter taste,But sweet will be the flower.
4. Blind unbelief is sure to errAnd scan his works in vain;God is his own interpreter,And he will make it plain.
Text: William Cowper, 1731-1800Music: William B. Bradbury, 1816-1868
- Hymn Number
- William B. Bradbury, 1816-1868
- William Cowper, 1731-1800
- Psalm 107:23-31, Romans 8:28
- CM (Common Meter)
- 8 6 8 6
- Comfort, Faith
- Harvey's Chant