1. Now to heav’n our prayer ascending,God speed the right;In a noble cause contending,God speed the right.Be our zeal in heav’n recorded,With success on earth rewarded.God speed the right.God speed the right.
2. Be that prayer again repeated,God speed the right;Ne’er despairing, though defeated,God speed the right.Like the great and good in story,If we fail, we fail with glory.God speed the right.God speed the right.
3. Patient, firm, and persevering,God speed the right;No event nor danger fearing,God speed the right.Pains, nor toils, nor trials heeding,And in heav’n’s good time succeeding,God speed the right.God speed the right.
Text: Wiliam E. Hickson, 1803–1870Music: Ernst Moritz Arndt, 1796–1860
- Hymn Number
- Ernst Moritz Arndt, 1796–1860.
- Wiliam E. Hickson, 1803–1870.
- Doctrine and Covenants 58:27–28, Alma 27:27, 30
- 8 4 8 4 8 8 4 4
- Commitment, Courage, Enduring to the End, Patience, Prayer, Trials