1. He is risen! He is risen!Tell it out with joyful voice.He has burst his three days' prison;Let the whole wide earth rejoice.Death is conquered; man is free.Christ has won the victory.
2. Come with high and holy hymning;Chant our Lord's triumphant lay.Not one darksome cloud is dimmingYonder glorious morning ray,Breaking o'er the purple east,Symbol of our Easter feast.
3. He is risen! He is risen!He hath opened heaven's gate.We are free from sin's dark prison,Risen to a holier state.And a brighter Easter beamOn our longing eyes shall stream.
Text: Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895Music: Joachim Neander, 1650-1680
- Hymn Number
- Joachim Neander, 1650-1680
- Cecil Frances Alexander, 1818-1895
- Mark 16:6-7, Mosiah 16:7-9
- 8 7 8 7 7 7
- Easter, Resurrection