1. High on the mountain topA banner is unfurled.Ye nations, now look up;It waves to all the world.In Deseret’s sweet, peaceful land,On Zion’s mount behold it stand!
2. For God remembers stillHis promise made of oldThat he on Zion’s hillTruth’s standard would unfold!Her light should there attract the gazeOf all the world in latter days.
3. His house shall there be reared,His glory to display,And people shall be heardIn distant lands to say:We’ll now go up and serve the Lord,Obey his truth and learn his word.
4. For there we shall be taughtThe law that will go forth,With truth and wisdom fraught,To govern all the earth.Forever there his ways we’ll tread,And save ourselves with all our dead.
Text: Joel H. Johnson, 1802–1882Music: Ebenezer Beesley, 1840–1906
- Hymn Number
- Ebenezer Beesley, 1840–1906.
- Joel H. Johnson, 1802–1882.
- Isaiah 2:2–3, Isaiah 5:26
- 6 6 6 6 8 8
- Genealogy and Temple Work, Restoration of the Gospel, Truth, Zion
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Performance
Watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform an arrangement of this hymn.