1. Holy temples on Mount ZionIn a lofty splendor shine,Avenues to exaltation,Symbols of a love divine.And their kindly portals beckonTo serenity and prayer,Valiant children of the promise,Pledged to sacred service there.
2. Merciful and gracious Father,Purify our hearts, we pray;Bless our mission of redemptionIn thy hallowed house each day,Till at length our faithful kindred,Sealed with us eternallyIn celestial bonds of union,Sing hosannas unto thee.
3. Sing aloud, ye heav’nly chorus,Anthems of eternal praiseTo the glorious King Immanuel!Sing with Saints of latter days!Let the mountains shout for gladness,And the valleys joyful be,While the stars acclaim in rapture,For the prisoners shall go free.
Text: Archibald F. Bennett, 1896–1965. © 1948 IRIMusic: Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987. © 1948 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987.
- Archibald F. Bennett, 1896–1965.
- Doctrine and Covenants 138:47–48, Doctrine and Covenants 128:22–24
- 8 7 8 7 D
- Exaltation, Genealogy and Temple Work