1. Hope of Israel, Zion's army,Children of the promised day,See, the Chieftain signals onward,And the battle's in array!
(Chorus)Hope of Israel, rise in mightWith the sword of truth and right;Sound the war-cry, "Watch and pray!"Vanquish ev'ry foe today.
2. See the foe in countless numbers,Marshaled in the ranks of sin.Hope of Israel, on to battle;Now the vict'ry we must win!
3. Strike for Zion, down with error;Flash the sword above the foe!Ev'ry stroke disarms a foeman;Ev'ry step we conq'ring go.
4. Soon the battle will be over;Ev'ry foe of truth be down.Onward, onward, youth of Zion;Thy reward the victor's crown.
Text: Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942Music: William Clayson, 1840-1887
- Hymn Number
- William Clayson, 1840-1887
- Joseph L. Townsend, 1849-1942
- Ephesians 6:10-18, 2 Nephi 28:7-8, 20-28
- 8 7 8 7 7 7 7 7