1. How great the wisdom and the loveThat filled the courts on highAnd sent the Savior from aboveTo suffer, bleed, and die!
2. His precious blood he freely spilt;His life he freely gave,A sinless sacrifice for guilt,A dying world to save.
3. By strict obedience Jesus wonThe prize with glory rife:"Thy will, O God, not mine be done,"Adorned his mortal life.
4. He marked the path and led the way,And ev'ry point definesTo light and life and endless dayWhere God's full presence shines.
5. In mem'ry of the broken fleshWe eat the broken breadAnd witness with the cup, afresh,Our faith in Christ, our Head.
6. How great, how glorious, how completeRedemption's grand design,Where justice, love, and mercy meetIn harmony divine!
Text: Eliza R. Snow, 1804-1887Music: Thomas McIntyre, 1833-1914
- Hymn Number
- Thomas McIntyre, 1833-1914
- Eliza R. Snow, 1804-1887
- Moses 4:1-2, Alma 42:14-15
- CM (Common Meter)
- 8 6 8 6
- Grace, Jesus Christ - Example, Mercy, Premortal Life, Sacrament