1. I believe in Christ; he is my King!With all my heart to him I'll sing;I'll raise my voice in praise and joy,In grand amens my tongue employ.I believe in Christ; he is God's Son.On earth to dwell his soul did come.He healed the sick; the dead he raised.Good works were his; his name be praised.
2. I believe in Christ; oh blessed name!As Mary's Son he came to reign'Mid mortal men, his earthly kin,To save them from the woes of sin.I believe in Christ, who marked the path,Who did gain all his Father hath,Who said to men: "Come, follow me,That ye, my friends, with God may be."
3. I believe in Christ--my Lord, my God!My feet he plants on gospel sod.I'll worship him with all my might;He is the source of truth and light.I believe in Christ; he ransoms me.From Satan's grasp he sets me free,And I shall live with joy and loveIn his eternal courts above.
4. I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!From him I'll gain my fondest dream;And while I strive through grief and pain,His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."I believe in Christ; so come what may,With him I'll stand in that great dayWhen on this earth he comes againTo rule among the sons of men.
Text: Bruce R. McConkie, 1915-1985. (c) 1972 IRIMusic: John Longhurst, b. 1940. (c) 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- John Longhurst, b. 1940
- Bruce R. McConkie, 1915-1985
- 2 Nephi 25:23, 26, 29, Mormon 7:5-7
- 5 4 4 4 8 8
- Christmas, Commitment, Easter, Faith, Jesus Christ - Example, Jesus Christ - Second Coming, Music and Song, Praise, Testimony, Worship
- White City