1. If you could hie to KolobIn the twinkling of an eye,And then continue onwardWith that same speed to fly,Do you think that you could ever,Through all eternity,Find out the generationWhere Gods began to be?
2. Or see the grand beginning,Where space did not extend?Or view the last creation,Where Gods and matter end?Methinks the Spirit whispers,“No man has found ‘pure space,’Nor seen the outside curtains,Where nothing has a place.”
3. The works of God continue,And worlds and lives abound;Improvement and progressionHave one eternal round.There is no end to matter;There is no end to space;There is no end to spirit;There is no end to race.
4. There is no end to virtue;There is no end to might;There is no end to wisdom;There is no end to light.There is no end to union;There is no end to youth;There is no end to priesthood;There is no end to truth.
5. There is no end to glory;There is no end to love;There is no end to being;There is no death above.There is no end to glory;There is no end to love;There is no end to being;There is no death above.
Text: William W. Phelps, 1792–1872Music: English melody, arr. Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872–1958, from the English Hymnal. Used by permission of the Oxford University Press. Making copies without written permission of the copyright owner is prohibited.
- Hymn Number
- English Hymnal. English melody. Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872–1958.
- William W. Phelps, 1792–1872.
- Abraham 3:1–4, 9, Moses 1:3–4, 33–39
- 7 6 7 6 D
- Exaltation, God the Father, Nature, Plan of Salvation, Premortal Life, Self-Improvement, Worthiness
Eternel est notre espace (Cantiques)
Kolobu ja aizsniegtu
Ka ne Ke ʻAlu ki Kolapa
Net Kolobą jei pajėgtum per akimirksnį pasiekt
Ha a Kolobra juthatnál
Wi ta toj saʼ Kolob
’Āhiri e reva tātou i Koloba ra
Dacă te-ai grăbi spre Kolob
Ако можеше до Колоб да стигнеш
Когда б ты Колоба достиг (Гимны)
Якби ти до Колоба злетів