1. It may not be on the mountain heightOr over the stormy sea,It may not be at the battle's frontMy Lord will have need of me.But if, by a still, small voice he callsTo paths that I do not know,I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:I'll go where you want me to go.
(Chorus)I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,Over mountain or plain or sea;I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;I'll be what you want me to be.
2. Perhaps today there are loving wordsWhich Jesus would have me speak;There may be now in the paths of sinSome wand'rer whom I should seek.O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,Tho dark and rugged the way,My voice shall echo the message sweet:I'll say what you want me to say.
3. There's surely somewhere a lowly placeIn earth's harvest fields so wideWhere I may labor through life's short dayFor Jesus, the Crucified.So trusting my all to thy tender care,And knowing thou lovest me,I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:I'll be what you want me to be.
Text: Mary Brown, 1856-1918Music: Carrie E. Rounsefell, 1861-1930
- Hymn Number
- Carrie E. Rounsefell, 1861-1930
- Mary Brown, 1856-1918
- 1 Nephi 3:7, Doctrine and Covenants 4:2
- 9 7 9 7 9 7 10 8 10 8 10 8
- Commitment, Duty, Missionary Work, Obedience, Reactivation, Sacrifice, Service, Speech, Spirituality