1. In mem’ry of the Crucified,Our Father, we have met this hour.May thy sweet Spirit here abide,That all may feel its glowing pow’r.
2. Our Savior, in Gethsemane,Shrank not to drink the bitter cup,And then, for us, on Calvary,Upon the cross was lifted up.
3. We rev’rence with the broken bread,Together with the cup we take,The body bruised, the lifeblood shed,A sinless ransom for our sake.
4. Our Father, may this sacramentTo ev’ry soul be sanctifiedWho eats and drinks with pure intent,That in our Savior he’ll abide.
Text: Frank I. Kooyman, 1880–1963. © 1948 IRIMusic: Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987. © 1948 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901–1987.
- Frank I. Kooyman, 1880–1963.
- Doctrine and Covenants 20:75, Doctrine and Covenants 19:18–19
- 8 8 8 8
- LM (Long Meter)
- Commitment, Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ—Savior, Sacrament