1. Jesus, once of humble birth,Now in glory comes to earth.Once he suffered grief and pain;Now he comes on earth to reign.Now he comes on earth to reign.
2. Once a meek and lowly Lamb,Now the Lord, the great I Am.Once upon the cross he bowed;Now his chariot is the cloud.Now his chariot is the cloud.
3. Once he groaned in blood and tears;Now in glory he appears.Once rejected by his own,Now their King he shall be known.Now their King he shall be known.
4. Once forsaken, left alone,Now exalted to a throne.Once all things he meekly bore,But he now will bear no more.But he now will bear no more.
Text: Parley P. Pratt, 1807-1857Music: Giacomo Meyerbeer, 1791-1864, adapted
- Hymn Number
- Giacomo Meyerbeer, 1791-1864, adapted
- Parley P. Pratt, 1807-1857
- Luke 2:7, Matthew 25:31
- 7 7 7 7
- Jesus Christ - Second Coming, Sacrament