1. Jesus, Savior, pilot meOver life's tempestuous sea;Unknown waves before me roll,Hiding rock and treach'rous shoal.Chart and compass came from thee;Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
2. As a mother stills her child,Thou canst hush the ocean wild;Boist'rous waves obey thy willWhen thou say'st to them, "Be still!"Wondrous Sov'reign of the sea,Jesus, Savior, pilot me.
3. When at last I near the shore,And the fearful breakers roar'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,Then, while leaning on thy breast,May I hear thee say to me,"Fear not; I will pilot thee."
Text: Edward Hopper, 1818-1888Music: John Edgar Gould, 1822-1875
- Hymn Number
- John Edgar Gould, 1822-1875
- Edward Hopper, 1818-1888
- Mark 4:39-41, Psalm 48:14
- 7 7 7 7 7 7
- Guidance, Hope, Jesus Christ - Friend, Supplication