1. Joy to the world, the Lord is come;Let earth receive her King!Let ev’ry heart prepare him room,And Saints and angels sing,And Saints and angels sing,And Saints, and Saints and angels sing.
2. Rejoice! Rejoice when Jesus reigns,And Saints their songs employ,While fields and floods, rocks, hills, and plainsRepeat the sounding joy,Repeat the sounding joy,Repeat, repeat the sounding joy.
3. No more will sin and sorrow grow,Nor thorns infest the ground;He’ll come and make the blessings flowFar as the curse was found,Far as the curse was found,Far as, far as the curse was found.
4. Rejoice! Rejoice in the Most High,While Israel spreads abroadLike stars that glitter in the sky,And ever worship God,And ever worship God,And ever, and ever worship God.
Text: Isaac Watts, 1674–1748; alt. by William W. Phelps, 1792–1872. Included in the first LDS Hymnbook, 1835.Music: George F. Handel, 1685–1759; arr. by Lowell Mason, 1792–1872
- Hymn Number
- George F. Handel, 1685–1759. Lowell Mason, 1792–1872.
- Isaac Watts, 1674–1748. William W. Phelps, 1792–1872.
- Alma 5:50, Psalm 97:1, Psalm 98:4–9
- 8 6 8 6
- 8 6 8 6 6 8
- CM (Common Meter)
- Christmas, Jesus Christ—Second Coming