1. Let Zion in her beauty rise;Her light begins to shine.Ere long her King will rend the skies,Majestic and divine,The gospel spreading thru the land,A people to prepareTo meet the Lord and Enoch's bandTriumphant in the air.
2. Ye heralds, sound the golden trumpTo earth's remotest bound.Go spread the news from pole to poleIn all the nations round:That Jesus in the clouds above,With hosts of angels too,Will soon appear, his Saints to save,His enemies subdue.
3. That glorious rest will then commenceWhich prophets did foretell,When Saints will reign with Christ on earth,And in his presence dwellA thousand years, oh, glorious day!Dear Lord, prepare my heartTo stand with thee on Zion's mountAnd nevermore to part.
Text: Edward Partridge, 1793-1840. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.Music: Anon., Württemberg, Germany, ca. 1784
- Hymn Number
- Anon., Württemberg, Germany, ca. 1784
- Edward Partridge, 1793-1840. Included in the first LDS hymnbook, 1835.
- Doctrine and Covenants 82:14, Moses 7:62-65
- CMD (Common Meter Doubled)
- 8 6 8 6 8 6 8 6
- 8 6 8 6 D
- 8 6 8 6 8 8 8 6 8 6
- Jesus Christ - Second Coming, Millennium, Missionary Work, Zion