1. Lord, accept into thy kingdomEach repentant, humbled one,Born of water and the SpiritIn thy name, Beloved Son.Let the Holy Ghost, descending,Comfort, guide the path of youth,Channel of all light and glory,Key to vision, knowledge, truth.
2. Know ye not that he was holy?Yet he witnessed unto menThat the way is straight and narrowLeading unto God again.Hark, glad tidings of salvation.Hear his word, "Come, follow meUnto glory in my kingdom,Unto life eternally."
3. Like the sound of rushing watersIn this day his word is said:Holy ordinance of mercyFor the living and the dead!Let your hearts rejoice in gladness!Let the earth break forth and sing!Let the dead speak praising anthemsTo our God, eternal King!
Text: Mabel Jones Gabbott, 1910-2004. (c) 1948 IRIMusic: Alexander Schreiner, 1901-1987. (c) 1948 IRI
- Hymn Number
- Alexander Schreiner, 1901-1987
- Mabel Jones Gabbott, 1910-2004
- 2 Nephi 31:5-13, Doctrine and Covenants 128:12, 22
- 8 7 8 7 D
- Baptism, Genealogy and Temple Work, Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ - Example, Mercy