1. Savior, may I learn to love thee,Walk the path that thou hast shown,Pause to help and lift another,Finding strength beyond my own.Savior, may I learn to love thee--
(Chorus)Lord, I would follow thee.
2. Who am I to judge anotherWhen I walk imperfectly?In the quiet heart is hiddenSorrow that the eye can't see.Who am I to judge another?
3. I would be my brother's keeper;I would learn the healer's art.To the wounded and the wearyI would show a gentle heart.I would be my brother's keeper--
4. Savior, may I love my brotherAs I know thou lovest me,Find in thee my strength, my beacon,For thy servant I would be.Savior, may I love my brother--
Text: Susan Evans McCloud, b. 1945. (c) 1985 IRIMusic: K. Newell Dayley, b. 1939. (c) 1985 IRI
- Hymn Number
- K. Newell Dayley, b. 1939
- Susan Evans McCloud, b. 1945
- John 13:34-35, 1 John 3:16-19, 1 John 4:21
- 8 7 8 7 8 6
- Brotherhood, Forgiveness, Jesus Christ - Example, Judging, Love, Reactivation, Service, Spirituality, Worthiness
- I Would Follow Thee